Tuesday, November 4, 2008

all that jazz

Happy Election Day!

Today is the first time I feel like I've had any real interest or concern about the outcome of an election so I was all excited to get up, vote, get my free coffee from Starbucks and then head off to work. That was the plan anyway. As it happened, I got up, got in line to vote, left the line without voting because I was going to be late for work (which I was anyway), paid for coffee at Starbucks and came to work, annoyed at everything that had transpired. Not quite how I pictured it. So now I have to go stand in line at the polls after work instead of going to the gym. That isn't really the work out I was hoping to get but oh well. There really isn't much I can do about it now.

Currently, I am sitting in a classroom, listening to 14 guitar students practice one of two different songs all at the same time. Quite the experience, I must say.

Anyway. I'm looking forward to finding out the results of the election and hope the day does not crawl by as a result of having to wait.

Today could shape up to be an interesting day.

No comments: