Wednesday, November 5, 2008

we have a winner!

I finally got to vote yesterday after work. With no line. Of course. I could have saved myself the trouble of going in the morning, made coffee at home, and gotten to sleep a little bit longer if I had known that. It was fun though. For the first time, (out of the two national elections I have ever voted in...this being the second) I felt like I made an informed decision and played a part in last night's outcome.

As a history nerd, I was so excited about Obama's win. Think about the historic implications of his win. The first African-American president. Think about where we were as a nation less than 75 years ago. How amazing! I haven't fully processed through all of my thoughts on this topic but I'm excited. I'm looking forward to 20 years from now when I can look back and see how things changed after Obama's election. I'm looking forward to being able to talk to my children about what it was like to be in Chicago for this occasion. Awesome.

No comments: